A Bit About Me
For me, neurosurgery is not a job or career – it is an important part of my life that extends beyond the walls of the hospital or operating room. The traits that initially drove me to choose neurosurgery, over other areas of medicine, include: focus, dexterity, stamina and the ability to focus. It is this passion that allows me to have a deep empathy for my patients and allows me to continue to deliver positive outcomes for my patients.
While neurosurgery requires perfection and skill, I never lose sight of the fact that respect and compassion is often the most precious aspect of the relationships. I build with patients and colleagues.
At the end of the day, I feel humbled that I am given the opportunity to help people restore their lives after suffering from a debilitating condition. Every patient I treat is transformed in a wonderful way – they can walk again, work again, and laugh again. I could never see myself doing anything more fulfilling.
When not attending to my patients, I enjoy sailing as a pastime and spending time with my wife and three daughters.
Education, Residency, & Fellowship
- Doctor of Medicine, State University of New York Upstate Medical University
- Neurosurgery Resident, State University of New York Upstate Medical University
- Minimally-Invasive Techniques
- Neuro-Vascular Neurosurgery
Memberships, Honors & Awards
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- AO Spine International
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award