A Bit About Me
For me, neurosurgery is not a job or career – it is a part of my personality that applies beyond the walls of the hospital or operating room. The traits that initially drove me to choose neurosurgery over other medical areas, including focus, listening, dexterity, and stamina, are always active in my life. From my passion for sailing to my love for my three daughters, sharp focus and deep empathy are important for positive outcomes.
This is true for the outcomes my patients trust me to deliver, as well. I naturally connect in an understanding yet friendly way, which is important for managing the strong emotions and concerns involved. While neurosurgery requires perfection and skill, I never lose sight of the fact that compassion is often the most precious aspect of the relationships I build with patients and colleagues.
At the end of the day, I feel humbled by the opportunity to help people get their lives back from debilitating conditions. Everyone I treat is transformed in a wonderful way – they can walk again, work again, laugh again. I could never see myself doing anything more fulfilling.
Education, Residency, & Fellowship
- Doctor of Medicine, State University of New York Upstate Medical University
- Neurosurgery Resident, State University of New York Upstate Medical University
- Minimally-Invasive Techniques
- Neuro-Vascular Neurosurgery
Memberships, Honors & Awards
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- AO Spine International
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award